Manager, Clinical Programming (United Kingdom)
Brighton, United Kingdom, GB – Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Research
Do you want to be a part of a global top 10 CRO? INC Research is a full-service clinical research organization, providing the full range of Phase I to IV clinical development services for the world’s pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device industries. We do this across six continents. We believe that therapeutic and operational experience forms the foundation for taking medicines successfully through clinical development. From our early days as an academic CNS research organization in the 1980s, to the formation of INC in 1998, to where we are today, we’ve continued to improve what we do.
INC’s Global Biometrics Business unit has over 1,000 Associates making it the single largest business unit at INC Research.
Our teams consist solely of experts in Data Operations, Biostatistics, Medical Writing, Randomized Services (incorporating IVRS), Biometrics Project Management and Safety and Pharmacovigilance. They offer seamless, integrated, customized solutions by providing the full range of Biometrics services or work as stand-alone functions to supplement our customer’s capabilities.
Clinical Programming is an integral part of our Global Data Technology Group and to support this work we are seeking an experienced Manager, Clinical Programming with proven leadership and technical expertise particularly in Medidata RAVE. This position is based primarily at our Biometrics hub office in Lewes.
A brief overview of responsibilities as a Manager, Clinical Programmer:
• Manages site level clinical programming operations by providing direct line management of a team of Clinical Programmers and Technical Data Managers to include professional development, performance appraisals and employee training
• Creates and reviews proposals and change orders related to clinical programming activities and works with senior/project management to gain approval
• Attends project review and departmental review meetings
• Ensures high quality deliverables at site-level by providing senior review of core deliveries for accuracy, performing in-progress audits and attending sponsor audits
• Prepares activity, resource and progress reports regarding the clinical programming group for upper management review
• Oversees the development of project specific software (Medidate RAVE) applications and SAS programs ensuring company documentation and computer system validation requirements are adhered to
• Manages study level metrics, progress and status including large programs of studies ensuring project timelines and scope of work are achieved on-time with high quality deliverables
• Maintains departmental site-level utilization/realization and project-level targets at a profitable level.
Key Attributes include:
• Degree educated in computer science or related field
• Significant people management experience
• Experience particularly in clinical programming and relational database development
• Clinical Data Management experience and programming proficiency
• Strong technical experience in Electronic Data Capture (EDC) and data reporting with proficiency in Medidata RAVE, OC RDC and knowledge of transformation languages, e.g., PL/SQL, SAS, C#
• CRO industry experience preferred
• Strong organizational, presentation, documentation, and interpersonal skills
• Can demonstrate experience in leadership within a matrix team environment
Why choose us:
It takes skill and passion to develop medicines the way we do. Don’t worry – if you’ve got the passion part, we’ll help you develop the skills you need to enhance every aspect of your career in the clinical research industry.
We’ve got an attitude at INC: “Can do, I own it.” Absolutely everyone has ownership of what they do here. And because we’re given the freedom and responsibility to really own our projects, we can take them to new levels. And that means we can take our careers wherever we want them, too.
“We were ranked “Top CRO” to work with in the CenterWatch 2013 Investigative Site Relationship Survey (a biannual survey of over 2,000 sites worldwide).”
What happens next:
If your application is successful you will be contacted by one of our dedicated recruiters who will arrange a suitable date and time to speak to you further about this opportunity.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract.
Occasionally required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.
No salary provided
Posted January 16, 2015 at 07:19AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1wh9kw7