Deutsch: Logo von GitHub (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I’m in the process of moving my Codeplex repos over to github. Im starting with MvcImage first just to give it a go, and i’m finding it a breeze to use,. There is even a Windows Metro GUI version that is very nice to use if you don’t get on with bash commands too well.
My MvcImage github page can now be found here:
I will slowly start moving Bradaz Utlities next after i have finished my MvcLiveSearch repo. I get alot of traffic to the codeplex MvcImage so i will phase it out slowly once my others are all up and running fine.
Logo for the Open Source Initiative Français : Logo Open Source (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Just a quick update on the following Open Source Projects i contribute to:
- MvcImage – Now has been released as Stable Release. I’ve removed the Bradaz.OpenSource Project reference and updated the project to use a reference to the assembly dll instead.
- Bradaz Utilities – I’ve released the Bradaz.OpenSource project on Codeplex. It includes the following.
- Stream class to help handle common I/O Stream activities like, RewindStream.
- Image class to help handle common Image activities like, ImageToBinary, FromStreamHeight, FromStreamWidth, FromByteHeight and FromByteWidth . There are some methods to help create Thumbnails.
- MVC class to help handle common MVC activities like HTML Helpers to handle images and some Debug classes to interrogate ModelState.
I will be adding to this as i build more utilities.
I’ve recently joined Dev Circle and we hope to create more Open Source Projects together, one being an MVC Project using EF. Watch this space.
As per my last post, i had the honour of being one of the Show & Tell projects on Code52 site. This is a just a quick post to show you how much exposure something like this can give an aspiring Open Source blogger! It rocketed my visits, by creating my busiest day yet by 114 extra hits, a total of 218 hits for that day! I also generated additional 2 followers and my MVCImage Project got an additional 100 odd downloads from Codeplex, which im very happy with!
So what’s next? Well, firstly i want to finish my wife’s app, then i want to try my skills out with the code52 gang if i can. Yes i dont think im good enough yet, but hey, im going to have to try one day!
Wordpress stats for the day of the Code52 article release.
Here are some of the other Show & Tell posts from other Code52 contributors
As you all know ive been working on an Open Source project which shows you how to handle images using ASP.NET MVC 3. This release now encompasses the last code update as such for this Project to include the functionality to show a collection of Users registered (Using the vanilla Membership).
This collection will show:
The code is now available on Codeplex:
The code is also now available on Github:
I’m now going to write some blog posts to explain the functionality and how i accomplished this to describe the code.