Manager, Biostatistics (United Kingdom)
Brighton, United Kingdom, GB – Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Research
Do you want to be a part of a global top 10 CRO? INC Research is a full-service clinical research organization, providing the full range of Phase I to IV clinical development services for the world’s pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device industries. We do this across six continents. We believe that therapeutic and operational experience forms the foundation for taking medicines successfully through clinical development. From our early days as an academic CNS research organization in the 1980s, to the formation of INC in 1998, to where we are today, we’ve continued to improve what we do.
INC’s Global Biometrics Business unit has over 1,000 Associates making it the single largest business unit at INC Research.
Our teams consist solely of experts in Data Operations, Biostatistics, Medical Writing, Randomized Services (incorporating IVRS), Biometrics Project Management and Safety and Pharmacovigilance. They offer seamless, integrated, customized solutions by providing the full range of Biometrics services or work as stand-alone functions to supplement our customer’s capabilities.
Our Biostatistics group is expert in randomization methods, data collection instrument design and data cleaning and our experts are proficient in the use of the Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium (CDISC) Study Data Tabulation Model (SDTM) and Analysis Data Models (ADaM) with both paper and electronic CTD submission.
To strengthen this group we are seeking an experienced manager with specific responsibility for training and mentoring Biostatistician new hires at graduate level at our Biometrics hub in Lewes, UK. There is some flexibility to work from home 1-2 days per week.
- Line management of staff to include recruitment, training, professional development and performance management.
- Resource management; maximizing utilization but ensuring that biostatistics staff are matched to projects appropriate to their skills, training and experience
- Project management; ensuring that the department meets timelines without compromising high quality output and deliverables
- Supporting business development activities by contributing to proposals, budgets and attending sponsor and bid defence meetings
- Building key relationships with academic and professional institutions to promote INC as a biostatistics employer of choice
To succeed in this role you will need the following skills/experience:
- Academically well qualified: MSc or PhD in Statistics or Medical Statistics
- Extensive experience in clinical trials and the drug development process preferably within a CRO and/or Pharmaceutical environment
- Strong leadership experience from both a project and staff management perspective
- Particular experience in recruiting and training new staff preferred
- Ability to apply knowledge of statistical design, analysis and programming techniques used in clinical trials
- Strong SAS experience
Why choose us:
It takes skill and passion to develop medicines the way we do. Don’t worry – if you’ve got the passion part, we’ll help you develop the skills you need to enhance every aspect of your career in the clinical research industry.
We’ve got an attitude at INC: “Can do, I own it.” Absolutely everyone has ownership of what they do here. And because we’re given the freedom and responsibility to really own our projects, we can take them to new levels. And that means we can take our careers wherever we want them, too.
“We were ranked “Top CRO” to work with in the CenterWatch 2013 Investigative Site Relationship Survey (a biannual survey of over 2,000 sites worldwide).”
What happens next:
If your application is successful you will be contacted by one of our dedicated recruiters who will arrange a suitable date and time to speak to you further about this opportunity.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract.
Occasionally required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.
No salary provided