Brighton, United Kingdom, GB – Accounting
Do you enjoy working in with new technologies and software? As a Development Lead at Crunch you will have the opportunity to contribute greatly to the success of the development team and become part of our goal to become to no.1 accountancy firm in the UK.
About the role:
As a Development Lead you will have experience of:
- Java SE & EE SDKs
- Jboss and Jboss SEAM Framework
- Spring Framework
- Maven / Ant / Ivy
- API Development
- Amazon Web Services
- Agile / Scrum
- Test Driven Development
- Behaviour Driven Development
- Design Patterns
- Load Testing
- Performance Testing
- Penetration testing
- PHP 5 +
- Laravel Framework
- iOS and Android Development
You will be responsible for:
- Actively involved in low level planning, task break down and execution across Scrum Teams
- Monitor daily progress of technical tasks across Scrum Teams
- Provide capacity to SCRUM teams to take on development tasks where deeper insight or assistance is required
- Ensure software bugs are triaged and fed into Scrum backlogs
- Encourage and support the developers in keeping continuous integration builds passing
- Work with Scrum Masters and Product Owners to coordinate software releases on a regular basis
- Assist the System Administrator with deploying software releases to development/test/production environments
- Work with developers to mature our build and deployment pipeline approach
- Facilitate the resolution of technical impediments across Scrum Teams
- Assist the Head of Technology to design and promote an evolving strategic architecture to the developers
- Assisting in the recruitment and training of new development team members
- Assisting, mentoring and managing the development of the technical team members
- Work closely with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Test Lead and Head of Technology to form effective Product teams
- Work with the Senior Developers in proposing and implementing technical solutions for the team
- Work with the Head of Technology in agreeing technical solutions for the team.
- Provide accurate technical task estimates
- Assist non-technical staff with any queries and issues of a technical nature
- Provide constructive critical feedback to the Head of Technology about Crunch product issues
We offer a range of staff benefits including a Company Pension, Life and Health Cover, free fresh fruit, free breakfasts in our Crunch cafe, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme, half day on your birthday, discounts at local fitness centres and food/coffee establishments, and a relaxed, friendly, learning environment to thrive in. You will work with great new technologies and colleagues, improving your skills to develop your career as we grow together.
Crunch Accounting, named the UK’s fastest growing accountancy firm in 2013, combines a team of expert in-house accountants available on the phone with easy-to-use online accounting software. Designed specifically for freelancers, contractors and small businesses, Crunch Accounting is more than just accounting – it’s a business tool.
The accountant and software service is available for a fixed monthly fee of £64.50. For this, users can invoice, add expenses, have their annual accounts and returns prepared and see the exact health of their businesses instantly with a fun, innovative and simple-to-use website with banking grade security. We exist to make you and your business successful.
Please email your cv and cover letter along with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No salary provided