SAP Director – Retail and Consumer Goods Industry Sectors
London, United Kingdom, GB – Information Technology and Services, Management Consulting
SAP Director – Retail and Consumer Goods Industry Sectors – UK
Cognizant Technology Solutions, due to the continuous year on year growth of their SAP practice, are currently looking to expand their global SAP delivery capability.
We are passionate about working with strategic tier 1 clients collaboratively to deliver global and innovative expertise.
Cognizant are a global Systems Integrator and SAP partner providing innovative and differentiated service offerings to both existing and new SAP customers and have a balanced portfolio of SAP Implementation Projects and Programmes, as well as Application Management Services.
As the Director of SAP Retail and Consumer Goods at Cognizant you will be a member of the SAP Practice Leadership Team for the UK/I and operate within their global practice. You will be responsible for owning and growing your vertical industry portfolio of clients, projects and services within this sector.
You will be targeted to bring in profitable growth, thought leadership, delivery excellence and innovation. You will be required to build and develop a highly collaborative environment which enables business to develop the offering in the market, to win and deliver to our commitments.
To be successful you will have a broad set of relationships with key industry influencers / SMEs and own mutually beneficial relationships with our target clients in the Large Enterprise space; winning the right to deliver improved business performance and executing successful delivery against this commitment.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Grow the SAP market for Cognizant in the SAP Retail and Consumer Goods space
- Team growth, development and recruitment within your sector
- Create innovative customer value propositions or roadmaps
- Solution Ownership or guidance through bid, contract negotiation, delivery (not Project Delivery responsibility – only Solution)
- Primary point of contact with Account Managers and key stakeholders in the vertical business
- Gaining Customers who can be referenced
- Develop a business plan which identifies targets, value propositions and routes to market
- Forecast P&L performance
- Build an active network internally, externally and with SAP
- HCM Management of direct reports (Solution Architects and Sector Specialists)
- Ensure we grow profitable mutually beneficial relationships with the customer and partners
- Assist in the management of the SAP Practice
The Director is a hands-on role that will provide direction, mentoring and oversight on engagements to Programme, Project and Service Delivery Managers and the rest of the team ensuring your division delivers the value customers are expects.
We are looking for candidates with the following key skills:
- Hands-on knowledge of SAP Retail and Consumer Goods Products.
- Deep knowledge of the sector business processes, products and tools to support those processes
- Strong communications skills and ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Ability to work with a global CoE to develop the SAP competency to win and deliver projects using Cognizant’s global delivery model
- Commercial awareness
- Understand customer and sector challenges, propose SAP solutions to solve them, and devise delivery models to achieve desired results
- Proven ability to shape / architect SAP solutions to customer needs
- Ability to develop business opportunities for SAP by working closely with sales & vertical teams
- Leadership skills, and ability to develop a team for success
- A very high level of comfort in interacting with Client executives and ability to actively engage them in meaningful dialogue throughout engagements.
- Bring deep knowledge of your specific competency and how SAP offers solutions to solve business problems
- Strong knowledge of the UK/I SAP market, including key stakeholders
- Working closely with top tier consulting firms
- Proven SAP pre-sales / sales cycles experience
- Leading or senior architect on 5+ SAP projects showing evidence of successful delivery and Client satisfaction through chargeable customer roles (ie project / programme manager or solution architect)
- Experience in Offshore-Onsite delivery models
- Candidates must be 100% mobile for UK travel, and willing to travel abroad occasionally.
No salary provided