Reading, United Kingdom, GB – Information Technology and Services, Computer Software, Automotive
Careers with CDK Global – where to next?
So who are we and what do we do?
Founded as ADP Dealer Services in 1972, CDK Global is the largest global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to automotive dealerships and manufacturers in more than 100 countries worldwide for the world’s biggest car brands.
Although we operate on a global scale, we are small by comparison and that is a good thing. It means that we are still a business where every person matters and where anyone can make an impact on our growth and success.
We have opportunities in a wide range of business areas so wherever in the world you join us, you will get the support, training and tools you need to make significant steps forward in your career.
Currently we are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic SCRUM MASTER to join our growing Agile development team.
Purpose of role
Responsible for serving and supporting the Product Owner and Development Team, the Scrum Master will coach, mentor and help the team be accountable to themselves for the commitments they make. They lead their team by example to be more productive and produce higher quality products.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Strongly serving and supporting the Product Owner and Development Team in their quest to do everything possible to delight customers.
Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example. This person should personify Scrum and Agile.
Guiding and Coaching the Scrum Team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
Guiding and Coaching both the Scrum Team and the Development team on how to get the most of out self-organisation
Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right associates to remove the impediment.
Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving.
Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
Assisting with internal and external communication and improving transparency.
Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining and managing the product backlog.
Who do we look for?
We look for people with the right cultural fit. That means being passionate and enthusiastic and having what it takes to drive our business forward. We also look for people who are keen to develop new knowledge and skills, because our growth is ultimately dependent on yours.
The successful candidate will have:
- Scrum Master certification (PSM I or PSM II, CSM, CSP)
- Experience in the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team.
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc)
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
This opportunity is the chance for a bright and ambitious candidate to really drive their career forward in an international setting – the opportunities open to the successful applicant for this role are far reaching and unlimited.
What can we offer you?
To help us attract and retain the best, we pay people according to performance, not tenure. Excel in your role here and the rewards will be excellent too. We will also help you to grow your career, not only through focused investment in learning and development but also by enabling you to explore the opportunities our global market has to offer.
No salary provided