I haven’t posted any updates for three weeks but that but that is because I have been concentrating on implementing my Repository and Unit Of Work patterns and learning about them. This has taken longer than expected but I had some brilliant help along the way:
- Pluralsight videos which I have found invaluable and I suggest all Developers go and sign up. There are tons of videos I would like to watch.
- ASP.NET MVC Post which is awesome.
- Shawson – My good friend helping me via Skype. Always willing to help and he help me re-affirm my approach was sound.
- Smartcaveman – A very helpful guy who has helped me on Stack and Twitter.
So what have I accomplished:
- EntityFrameworkRepository and EntityFrameworkUnitOfWork implemented and up and working. I blogged about that here.
- Implemented a Metro UI CSS as my style for the site. Again blogged here.
- Setup a Team Foundation Service account for source code. I want to blog about this soon as this is going to be a useful tool.
- Joined the Dev Cirle Hackathon in which we have 30 days from yesterday to finish a Modern UI inspired App using Windows 8 or ASP.NET or WPF. This gives me something to aim for and is a good way of showing off my ideas:
Also interest in 8weekgame a competition I used to run to make a game in 8 weeks, has risen, so I have decided to organise this (Im not entering) which starts on the 3rd December. Alot of people have entered this year, but it shouldnt be too much of a juggle. If you are interested have a look at Facebook Page’s Events: